• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts in Captivate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we do not want to output our texts as images in Captivate, I use an empty variable. This works very well, but there are some problemes I am not able to solve. The HTML5 output shows me a completely different result (spacing is diffetent, font is cut off at Ä, Ü, Ö, ...) than in Captivate itself.

How can I prevent Captivate from cutting off the font at Ä, Ü, Ö in HTML output?

How can I prevent Captivate from moving text with a variable inside a smartfrom in x and y position?

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The safe way is to use only Adobe fonts or those considered by CP as being websafe. The library with Adobe fonts has thousands of fonts, you can always find one which is indistinguishable from the system font you need to use by almost every user. Have a look at this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of issues related to fonts creep into this discussion. First is that the web-based font that Adobe Fonts produce is not the same font that downloaded and installed on your system by Creative Cloud or Adobe Captivate. There are differences, and you might notice that the font renders slightly differently on different operating systems and different browsers.

Here is a great article that explains the pros and cons of all the different options when it comes to fonts.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources