• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force static subset question pool on failure in same attempt

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to set up a course where the users are all initally presented with a static pool of questions. Upon failure, I would like to present a secondary static set of questions (no randomization) within the same attempt, but am having trouble figuring out how/if I can make this happen.  It's not quite branching because I don't want to use a cumulative grade across both sets of questions. It's a hard line; if they fail static set 1 they get presented static set 2 and would need to pass all questions in the 2nd set.

My only other thought was to potentially put all of the questions in a single random pool of say, 20 questions. If they fail the first 10 randomised questions, those questions that were presented somehow get excluded, leaving the user with the only remaining 10 questions (which would appear like a totally new set).

We're using Captivate 8 with Moodle

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using pool questions would certainly not solve this, unless you relaunch the course. You would still risk that some questions appear a second time in the new subset. More info:

Random Questions; Do's and Don'ts - Captivate blog

I should explore if there is a way with Branch aware. Since the Retake button is resetting all answers, and the valued of the scoring quizzing system variables, I am not sure that a 'cumulation' of scores would ever occur. Did you test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources