• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

from an Indesign template to Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currenly using Indesign at work to make bulletins. These bulletins are converted into SCORMS for our LMS. My employer purchased Captivate 2019 for me to work more efficiently. I want to use the same template in Captivate that I used in Indesign. Can someone help me how to import a .indt template into Captivate 2019?

I thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II have been teaching ID in the past.  Captivate is a totally different application than ID. It is not using templates but 'themes'. A theme doesn't have the hierarchy of styles like in ID but only Objec Styles.  Those include the many interactive objects with their InBuilt states and the typical dedicated Quizzing objects. Master slides are also very different.  Templates are less used in Captivate though they are possible, but  have some issues. Read about the difference in this blog I wrote quite a while ago, but except for some changes to Themes is still valid:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template

You can find a lot more about themes in my blog, just use that tag to search.

There is no 'import' nor 'roundtripping' ffrom ID to Captivate, sorry to tell so. Even color management is completely different. You will have to recreate what is possible in a Captivate theme, based on what you used in ID. Although ID has some limited interactions possible, it cannot be compared with the interactivity features (and reporting) in Captivate.

Styling featues, especially for text, are superior in InDesign, interactivity and what matters to create engaging courses are far superior in Captivate.  There is roundtripping possible with Illustrator, Photoshop, Audtion, Animate for Captivate assets, but the primary goal of InDesign is totally different from the goal of Captivate, hence the lack of collaboration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Lilybiri,

Thank you for your answer. It is for me very helpful because now I know that I can rebuilt the template into a theme in  Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources