• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen output - Captivate 5

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to publish my project so that the output fills the users' browser, without any borders.  I have the background set to white and publish full screen, but the outside edges around the project are gray.  The project doesn't fill up the whole screen.  I'm using Captivate 5.   thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but it sounds like you are wanting Captivate SWF output to behave like the videos one sees on YouTube, Vimeo or other sites.

One way to come close to this is to link directly to the SWF. When you link this way, the SWF is adapted to fit within the browser client area. This often produces less than stellar results. Additionally, if the browser is displayed in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio and the project is in a 4 x 3 aspect ratio, the SWF will still be presented with bars on either side. You will also still see the browser toolbar, status bar, frame and other elements.

You can enable full screen output when you publish, but all that accomplishes is to create a second HTML page. You then link to the second HTML page and when it presents it has a link you click that opens a new browser window with no toolbars and whatnot. This is to maximize available browser space for presenting the content.

You might try the Media output and create a F4V or FLV. Those types are intended for uploading to something like YouTube. Maybe then you could get the full screen to behave as you desire. But don't be surprised if your quality goes down the pipes.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not quite like youtube's full screen, but fillilng up the entire browser windwow.  I did publish to full screen, and the redirect link still produces an outside border within the browser window.  I just want my project to fill the user's browser window, not their entire screen.  If they increase/reduce their browser's window, the project will adjust accordingly to fit.  something like this: http://www.artstreiber.com/ Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the HTM published file in Notepad, Dashcode or Dreamweaver.

Find the line (about 250, pending output options) :  

var so = new SWFObject(strURLFile + strURLParams, "Captivate", "1280", "768", "10", "#CCCCCC");

For Internet Explorer, change the numeric values in quotes to 100% for each of the first two.  (The values will reflect your project size when published by Captivate.)

The new line will resemble:

var so = new SWFObject(strURLFile + strURLParams, "Captivate",  "100%", "100%", "10", "#CCCCCC");

- This is for IE only.

full screen=true and other SWF parametes can be experimented with in the var so lines for other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@teaktoc

We use a modified standard.htm file with 100% instead of the recorded size and it worked perfectly with CP4.  However, now with CP5 we get some strange lines appearing on the screen.  I can't figure it out because:

- the lines are not on the slides and if I publish with the default standard.htm it does not appear.

- lines never appear on the .swf file itself

- if I publish with the standard.htm but as fullscreen with the parameter set to be able to resize the IE window then I also get the lines which is really weird and makes me think it is an issue with IE but then why would I not have the same results in CP4?

- I've tried adjusting some publishing variables - like the Flash version and de-selecting to have the swf compressed with no luck

I'm curious if you are anyone else has experienced this and if you have any ideas of how to fix it.  I really don't don't want to give up the 100% option and allowing the user to resize the screen.

Many thanks,
Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have Borders selected in the Skin Editor. The default border setting is fairly large. Try this...

On the menu bar, click Project, then select Skin Editor. When the Skin Editor appears, you will see three small icon buttons under the Skin drop down selection. Clicking the middle button, which looks like a box, takes you to the Borders settings. On that screen, either deselect Borders or make sure the Width of the border is set to a small value (such as 1).

--Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do indeed have borders but that doesn't appear to be the problem.  I re-published without any borders and I still have the lines appearing.  Strange thing is that they don't appear on every slide.

I'm trying to find where do you do you put the full screen swf variable referred to in the above post?  In the standard.htm doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some clients whose LMS opens the course in a popup window, but does not allow you to preset the size of the window. So, to open a window in fullscreen, I insert the following code in <HEAD> section of the HTML document..

<script language="JavaScript">
window.onload = maxWindow;

function maxWindow()
{
window.moveTo(0,0);

if (document.all)
{
  top.window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);
}

else if (document.layers||document.getElementById)
{
  if (top.window.outerHeight<screen.availHeight||top.window.outerWidth<screen.availWidth)
  {
    top.window.outerHeight = screen.availHeight;
    top.window.outerWidth = screen.availWidth;
  }
}
}

</script>

Just find the </head> line in your HTML document and paste this code above it. Then, when the HTML file loads, it will run this code. The code determines the maximum screen height and width available on the users machine, resizes the window to those settings, and repositions the window to the top left corner of the screen. Works with mulitple browsers and you don't need to hard code the screen size.

Hope this is helpful.

--Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garry --

Whenever I use my Captivate 5 and try to plug in that code, I get a html that has nothing on it. Any idea what is going on? I can send you my code if you'd like.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Send me your code and I'll take a look at it.

--Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

-Mike

<!-- Copyright [2008] Adobe Systems Incorporated.  All rights reserved -->

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<title></title>

<script src="standard.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script language="JavaScript">

window.onload = maxWindow;

function maxWindow()

{

window.moveTo(0,0);

if (document.all)

{

top.window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);

}

else if (document.layers||document.getElementById)

{

if (top.window.outerHeight<screen.availHeight||top.window.outerWidth<scr een.availWidth)

{

top.window.outerHeight = screen.availHeight;

top.window.outerWidth = screen.availWidth;

}

}

}

</script>

</head>

<body   bgcolor="#f5f4f1">

<center>

<div id="CaptivateContent"> 

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var so = new SWFObject("final maybe.swf", "Captivate", "761", "432", "10", "#CCCCCC");

so.addParam("quality", "high");

so.addParam("name", "Captivate");

so.addParam("id", "Captivate");

so.addParam("wmode", "window");

so.addParam("bgcolor","#f5f4f1");

so.addParam("menu", "false");

so.addVariable("variable1", "value1");

so.setAttribute("redirectUrl", "http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash");

so.write("CaptivateContent");

</script>

<script type="text/javascript">

document.getElementById('Captivate').focus();

document.Captivate.focus();

</script>

</center>

</body>

</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this will fix your problem or not, but you'll notice that "if (top.window.outerHeight<screen.availHeight||top.window.outerWidth<scr een.availWidth)" has a space in the final 'screen' that shouldn't be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried this as well and it does not work for me either. My files still open at the set captivate size. I fixed the screen typo as well. Does this have to be publisht to a LMS to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources