• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating TTS Crashes Captivate 7

Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with another developer and she is having trouble generating TTS. Every time she tries, Captivate crashes. She has uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate per Adobe's recommendation. Nothing seems to fix the problem.  The thing is, she can send me the cptx file she created, and I can generate the TTS with no trouble at all. This indicates to me that it isn't something in the way she has written and/or copied the slide notes, but rather something with how Captivate is installed.

Has anyone run into this issue? It's a real problem, and it delaying a lot of our projects.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Seems like there's no pattern as I've tried numerous differences and can't isolate problem since I can get it to work once in a while and think I've figured it out, only to find the next slide crashes it again. When it does crash I get nothing but desktop in a split second; no progress window with a 33% complete bar. Nada.

Here's what I have:

• Mac OSX Mavericks
  • Captivate 7.0.1.237
  • Using Bridgette

Here's what I've tried:

• Did a search and replace in PPT before import to omit special characters including swithching out "@" for " at ".
  • Tried generating audio one slide at a time rather than batching it with Speech Managment trying to isolate the bad text
  • Tried saving PowerPoint file as PPT instead of PPTX since I saw it converts it on the import.
    • Worked once, but likely coincidence.
  • Removed imported text from slide; Copied text from Notes field in PPT to Text Wrangler and then to Cp
    • Worked once, but likely coincidence.
  • Renamed Preferences folder and restarted Cp to build new
  • Ran the CleanPreferencesMac in the Utils folder.

I'm no further along...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Adobe Captivate 8 after I downloaded the NeoVoices.

I uninstalled version 6 and 7 of Captivate on my MAC, and then ran the CleanPreferencesMac in the Utils folder.

This resolved the TTS issues I had.

MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Captivate 8.01.242

Voice: Bridget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue in 2019 11.01.266 64 bit. Using Microsoft voices works buts if I use more than 3 lines of TTS with NeoSpeech the program just closes and doesn't generate a backup file. I've lost a lot of work. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, worked from server, desktop, uninstalled previous versions. Has this been solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything has to be installed on your system, never on a networked or external drie: both the application, the voices, the folder for the CP-files and for the cache. Is that the case?

Do you run Captivate as Admininstrator if you are on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources