• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get a course completed by clicking a button

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I add a button in my course that the user could click to get the course approved.
My idea is that when the users have watched a certain amount ov videos in the course the button will be visible and the user can click it to complete the course. 

I need this function couse our LMS dont support XAPI and the course are not a linear course so the % or wached slide function wont work.

Br
Robert

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach a score to that button, and set it as Reported. Set up the Passing score in Quiz Preferences so that they need to click that button to pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wil try that thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to use a quiz slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. Each interactive object can be scored. Scroll down in its Properties panel to the Reporting section. Check Report, and you can add a score. That score will be included in the quizzing system variables. Have a look at the Advanced Interaction panel, which you can open from the Project menu or with F9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this.
Not sure I understand how this will set the course to complete. In the preferences I dont find any place to set the amount of points. I just checked the bullet for points under quiz settings

reports.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have twice 1 point?  

I answered your original question. Have a BUTTON which will appear after the learner has viewed what is needed. That can be done with tracking variables and a conditional advanced or shared action. Activate reporting for that button, and attach a score (can be 100pts). Open Quiz Preferences, Reporting and enable reporting. Set Criterium for Completion to Quiz is Paassed. You can edit the passing score under Pass/Fail to 100%.

You didn't tell that you are new to Captivate's quizzing. Here is a link to a blog I wrote about all details of Quiz, Preferencses:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/03/captivates-quizzes-4-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the button will appear after a set of variables are changed.

Perfect thank you. I figured it out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources