Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a "Location is not available" error when accessing network folder

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivate friends!

I could use a little help with this one.  I'm on a network at my job and I'm trying to bring an image into my Captivate project.  I have a new laptop with a new install of Captivate and I'm getting the following error when I try to insert an image from a network folder:

CaptivateError.png

My drives are mapped and I can access the folders through other Adobe programs.  Any help is grately appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

I just worked with my IT guy and he figured it out that the pathing was wrong with my network drives for some reason.  We re-mapped my network drives and now I'm no longer getting the error.  Strange, I know but, I hope this helps someone else running into this issue in the future.  Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can only tell that Captivate doesn't like to have the cptx-files nor the cache files stored on networked or external drives. Is it not possible to transfer the files to your system (documents may be mapped to networked drive) and transfer them back to the network when finished?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. That's not really an option for me. I'm pulling from a library of assets. I can't copy the assets folder over and then back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just worked with my IT guy and he figured it out that the pathing was wrong with my network drives for some reason.  We re-mapped my network drives and now I'm no longer getting the error.  Strange, I know but, I hope this helps someone else running into this issue in the future.  Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to the Captivate files and cache files, not to media libraries.

Anyway thanks for reporting the solution which solved your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Of course. What my IT guys and I discovered today works for all files that are in network folders. At least in our system it does. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else's systems but, if all else fails, work with your IT people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources