Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting boxes to appear

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a slide in a responsive project. I have converted four pictures into buttons, and would like a message box to appear when they are clicked. I would like the user to be able to click on the buttons in any order. 

The buttons are set up as below:

However, when I try the slide, the message boxes appear at the same time as the button. (As I have arranged the message box to appear over the button, you can't even see the button!).

I have tried playing with the effects in timing for the message boxes, however, I can't get it off from 'Time-based animation'. (screenshot below)

I am new to using Captivate or this (I have only ever used it for software simulations until now) Am I missing something really basic here?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not the right approach. I have explained this workflow for fluid boxes project extensively in a blog post. It is called Forced hotspots, which you do not want apparently: it means that something will happen after all have been clicked.

Doing this in a fluid boxes project is complicating the situation. You need to use one multistate object in a fluid box for all the messages. That object needs a Normal state which is invisible (Alpha and Stroke set to 0) and a state for each of the messages. Use a shape as object, that is the mos flexible since you can fill it with an image and add text as well.

No effects, they will only work on the invisible state in this case. But you need to trigger the command 'Change state of...' with each of the buttons and point to the correct state. Do not forget to uncheck the option 'Continue Playing the Project'. All buttons need to have pausing point at the same moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources