Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gifs and Jsons in the \dr output folder

Engaged ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have included a few GIF files in a project and I realise that there is a json file created for each of these files in the \dr directory.

So for instance, a 3.246 KB gif file would create a 4.329 KB json file. This make the whole zip file quite heavy.

I see that there has been some discussion about the json files dealing with the images with Rod's involvement too.

Re: Do json files make a project load slowly?

I believe that what I found clearly rules out the use of gifs in Captivate. Would you agree with me? What are your experiences?

I can use videos that are light to get the same or better effect.

I realise that there are json files for about 40 png files.

However, I have more than 40 png for sure. How does that work?

Thanks in advance for any input

Bobby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience has been that if you optimize your images and other media before importing to Captivate you really don't need to worry about whether it's a GIF or an MP4 etc. Here are my thoughts about optimizing media that I recorded awhile ago.

Do This to Your Images Before Adding to Your Captivate eLearning

https://youtu.be/2STL79UrX5I

My concern is getting files that are presently measured in many megabytes down to a few hundred kilobytes at most. I don't worry about the files that are measured in single digit kilobytes such as the GIF versus it's JSON counterpart.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Paul, always good to watch your tutos.

This is my workflow too. I am preparing the resources before importing them.

The gifs were just a try. I wanted to learn a bit more about the way the images are stored in the output zip file

I see that json and gifs are stored in the dr folder.

Thanks

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources