• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GIFs in quiz slides are not timed properly.

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Hope you can assist with an issue I have with Captivate.

I've created a count down timer which I intend to use in each of my quiz slides. Each slide will have a separate object timers with a specific timing. I've created these objects and have them available as mp4 as well as GIFs. I am aware there are widgets for this in Captivate but they really aren't aesthetically appealing to me so I thought of using the timer setting in quiz along with a graphic of my own..

Anyway, I could potentially use both options, however I have issues with both of them.

OPTION 1: Using mp4 videos

The video timer will start as soon the user enters the slide, but will pause if the user launches the course and leaves the screen to visit another tab on their browser. The point of the timer is to ensure this will continue. Is there a way to disable this and ensure the video timer plays on the background even if they minimise the slide?

OPTION 2: Using GIFs

With this option, it appears that as soon as I enter the quiz, all animated GIFs start counting down in all quiz slides and timer won't start from the beginning every time the user enters one; this way the user won't see the timer going back to start in each question. Why is this happening? Is there a way to ensure that a GIF will start only as soon as the user enters the slide?

Many thanks in advance,

G.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

There is no real control, collaboration between Captivate and an animation nor a video. Slide video can be controlled in a way, but I would never use it for a timer. You need to use Javascript to take control. If you could dreate a HTML animation, you would be able to use JS to have interactions.

I often use the timer widget, which you can make totally transparent, and have images or colors behind it which will change depending on the elapsed time. It needs some shared or advanced actions but I h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no real control, collaboration between Captivate and an animation nor a video. Slide video can be controlled in a way, but I would never use it for a timer. You need to use Javascript to take control. If you could dreate a HTML animation, you would be able to use JS to have interactions.

I often use the timer widget, which you can make totally transparent, and have images or colors behind it which will change depending on the elapsed time. It needs some shared or advanced actions but I have interaction between the timer and Captivate's progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Lilybiri! Actually I totally missed out the change I could make to the timer, which now helps a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Captivate often has 'hidden' gems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources