• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary items

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any limit to the number of items I could add to the glossary widget?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Not as far as I have seen.  But you DO have to be very careful with using any special characters in either the terms or the definitions.

If you are intending to add and more than a couple of dozen items, I would recommend you use the XML import option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as far as I have seen.  But you DO have to be very careful with using any special characters in either the terms or the definitions.

If you are intending to add and more than a couple of dozen items, I would recommend you use the XML import option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Now I am trying to learn how to use the XML option.  It seems that it is not working for me and I am wondering if it work for Mac.  I created Excel sheet and then exported to text document and get as instructed with the codes, but then when I am trying to import on glossary, it said "your items are added successfully" but they do not appear on the glossary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The usual reason for this is that your terms or definitions have some forbidden punctuation marks or characters.

Try starting with just a few terms and NO punctuation except for commas and full stops.  See if you can get anything to appear that way.  This will prove whether you can import the XML.  It needs to be very strictly in the structure as shown in the learning interaction.  If you created this using something like Excel, you may find that the XML contains a lot of other code that the learning interaction will not tolerate.   It's not forgiving at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources