• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Widget glitch in the Letter bar

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, looking to find a solution to a weird glitch with the Adobe Captivate Glossary widget.

I'm using the 2019 release of Captivate Version 11, I think. I followed a tutorial on showing/hiding the glossary widget throughout the project (https://youtu.be/wTEF-56V1Z4) and everything functions as it should except for when I click on a Letter in the top bar where the alphabet of terms is located. When I click on a letter the entire project shifts upwards about 26 pixels.

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

I forgot to mention that this only happens with HTML5 output.

Thanks

Steve

TOPICS
Advanced , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tutorial was for Captivate 6, which supported only output to SWF, and used widgets.

You are on CP2019, but would like to see the exact version number, maybe you missed to install a patch? You find the full number under Help, About Captivate.

Do you focus on HTML output? Did you use a Learning Interaction, not a Widget? Is this a responsive or a non-responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for responding.

The exact version of Captivate that I am using is: 11.0.1.266.

To insert the Glossary widget/interaction, I simply clicked the Interactions drop down button from the top toolbar and selected Learning Interactions. Then from the dialog box, I selected Glossary and then Insert. I am using a non-responsive project but need the final output to be HTML5.

The issue I am having only seems to happen when the Glossary widget is hidden and then revealed using a button interaction. If I simply add the Glossary to the slide, it seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a responsive or a non-responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Non-responsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources