Highlighted

Glow and Blur in HTML5

Participant ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the effect of using glow and blur in Captivate, but it does not work when publishing to HTML 5.

Has anyone found a similar or other effective highlighting technique for HTML 5 delivery?

I was hoping the new version of Captivate would have something, but I don't see anything new.

I know there are SWF to HTML5 converters, but that does not seem like a reasonable option.

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

No new effects in Captivate 2017, and those two effects were already not compatible with HTML5 output in CP9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Glow and Blur in HTML5

Participant ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the effect of using glow and blur in Captivate, but it does not work when publishing to HTML 5.

Has anyone found a similar or other effective highlighting technique for HTML 5 delivery?

I was hoping the new version of Captivate would have something, but I don't see anything new.

I know there are SWF to HTML5 converters, but that does not seem like a reasonable option.

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

No new effects in Captivate 2017, and those two effects were already not compatible with HTML5 output in CP9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0
Participant ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve, that's my understanding too.  I am wondering if anyone has found a way to do something similar in HTML5. 

I am disappointed that Adobe has not offered similar effects for HTML5 output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0
Participant ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following up on this.  It is very dissapointing that one of the nicest effects I used with Flash is not available.  Does anyone know a way to do this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company is desperately looking for this feature as well. In fact we are looking at alternatives to fit our needs, because at this time it inefficient to take images outside of Adobe Captivate, blur, paste and reposition back inside.

We would love a feature that would enable us to blur our portions of the screen - images, text, etc. and for it to properly export into HTML5 with these settings in place.

Thanks and i'm hoping someone has a solution or Adobe will spend a short amount of time enabling this "Filter" / "Widget".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0