• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greensock and Cross-Origin

Advisor ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is for all those Greensock experts out there.

I recently became aware of Greensock through others posting questions about it in the forums.

It looked pretty cool so I decided to start messing around with it.

I used Greensock to create an animation and uploaded it as an HTML5 Animation into Captivate 11.5.1.499

When I do a preview - it behaves as expected and pulling data from the iframe works as well.

When I publish, however, the animation itself works fine but the data is no longer accessible. The file (the HTML embedded iframe one) becomes "restricted" and labeled as a cross-origin document.

The file, of course is dropped into the  /wor/wo_xxxx  folder and seems like it should be part of the same domain so I am struggling to find my way around this puzzle.

The console returns an ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND about an "undefined" directory.

I am simply not finding the source/solution of this issue. Not sure why it is trying to find a directory by the name of 'undefined' in the first place.

Any ideas appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

If you are previewing in Chrome or anything but IE11 this will happen, you need to upload to a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are previewing in Chrome or anything but IE11 this will happen, you need to upload to a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried putting it out on a file server so that it wasn't local and that did not help.

I will try a web server and see if that makes a difference.

I did not encounter this issue with other HTML5 Animations where I pull data from the iframe.

I figured it was due to the use of the extra JS files in this one vs pure HTML and CSS in the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use a link to a CDN JS library or webfonts, chrome throws a fit locally. Makes it very difficult to test in a browser depending on how I'm building a website. It won't run vtt files locally either o I either need to test in IE11 oe push them to the LMS to test. It's a pain when we are now required to develop with Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even my Google sheets crap out now since they updated the GAS to use ECMAScript 6 which now throws the CORS error. I have to tell it to Disable new Apps Script runtime powered by V8 and edit the manifest. Love Chrome but their security is getting ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was all it was.

I had not really considered it before because I had not run into the issue and I do not have web admin rights at work so I have to submit request and then wait so it does really make testing a burden.

At least it seems to work fine in preview mode so I can develop more stuff and verify functionality in preview and only periodically push out for testing on the web.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources