Highlighted

Grouping and making flashcards

New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am attempting to create a number of flashcards using Adobe Captivate 2017 10.0

My issue is with grouping. I am familiar how to group (command g) and it seems to work fine with regards to moving the text that I placed inside the box as a unit. However, when the user clicks on the flashcard to see the answer (slide behind the original) the text stays while the box disappears. How do I make both the text and box one unit so they disappear together when the user clock on it?

I am desperate for any advice on how to fix this issue.

Thank you!

Sara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grouping and making flashcards

New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am attempting to create a number of flashcards using Adobe Captivate 2017 10.0

My issue is with grouping. I am familiar how to group (command g) and it seems to work fine with regards to moving the text that I placed inside the box as a unit. However, when the user clicks on the flashcard to see the answer (slide behind the original) the text stays while the box disappears. How do I make both the text and box one unit so they disappear together when the user clock on it?

I am desperate for any advice on how to fix this issue.

Thank you!

Sara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if you had inserted a screenshot? Was it not possible to use a shape filled with what you call 'flashcard' and used as text container?  You can convert any shape to a button, what meant you ended up with one object.

If it has to be a group, which command did you use to show what is 'behind'? If you use Hide Group, both text and the other item in the group would have disappeared.

However I'm wondering which version you are using? Did you not think abou using a multistate object instead of the older workflow of hiding and showing? Much easier.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group