Highlighted

Hand cursor with click box does not work with HTML published file

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I am publishing a course to HTML5 using Captivate 2019. I have set all my click boxes to show a Hand cursor on click. This is not working in the published file. I have spoken to Captivate Support and was told that because I had some interactions that were not supported in HTML5 that was causing the issue. However, I have removed all interactions that are not supported and still have the issue.

Please advise what I need to do to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hand cursor with click box does not work with HTML published file

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I am publishing a course to HTML5 using Captivate 2019. I have set all my click boxes to show a Hand cursor on click. This is not working in the published file. I have spoken to Captivate Support and was told that because I had some interactions that were not supported in HTML5 that was causing the issue. However, I have removed all interactions that are not supported and still have the issue.

Please advise what I need to do to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few things I might look at. Check that you are running the latest update of Adobe Captivate 2019. The actual version number should be 11.0.1.266. You may also want to consider what browser you are using. I tested this functionality with Chrome Version 72.0.3626.119 on Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. The hand cursor worked perfectly fine with this combination. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. I have the identical Chrome version, Captivate

version and Windows version.

Any other suggestions please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hand cursor works when previewing the project but not once it’s

published.

Thanks

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 5:23 pm, Claire Fremder <fremder@optusnet.com.au>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test after publishing? You have to upload the published folder to a webserver or a LMS to see the full functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded to Litmos LMS.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next question: this is a non-responsive project I hope? Asking this because click boxes should not be used in a Fluid Boxes project.

I rarely use click boxes myself, but if you confirm that it is a non-responsive project, will try to do some testing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is non responsive. It is an interactive system simulation so not sure

how not to use clickboxes.

Will appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click boxes in HTML5 output should still respond to tap events on a mobile device.

Have you tested your output on an iPad, iPhone, or Android device?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod

Users will be using laptops and desktops so that is my main concern - and

it’s not working for them.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others are saying they cannot reproduce the issue when they test on new projects.

Why don't you try creating a new CPTX project and insert a couple of slides with Click Boxes set to show the hand cursor, then publish and test.  See if the issue is also in new projects created from fresh or only with your current project.

If it IS only with your current project, then you may have a corrupted project file. You can try copying and pasting slides from that project into a newly created shell project to see if you can strip out the corruption.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all. I found the issue! I had a highlight box before the click

box showing the user where to click. I placed the click box on top and the

hand is now showing.

My apologies.

Many Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you use a highlight and it appears above the click box in the timeline then you won't see the hand cursor.  Just make sure your click box is at the top of the list of objects in the timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul. I am facing same problem. I am using Captivate 2017 (10.0.1.285). When tested HTML output on MAC 10.13. The hand cursor is not seen. Thanks in advance. Is it a version related?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

As I use CB with the hand-cursor associated, I checked my animations... And all work perfectly in all the browsers (Edge, Chrome and Firefox).

See an example there :

http://soutien67.fr/francais/activites/conjugaison/Conjugaison_E_F_Ind_02/index.html

So... The problem must be linked with what the support told you ?... or your LMS ?...

Try to re-create your animation without the "flash" interactions ?...

Have fun with Captivate !...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group