Highlighted

Help! ASAP Please!

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to insert audio to associate with a click box so that when the learner wants to hear the audio they click on a sound icon. I have done on other slides/images without a problem. However, with this last one the audio starts playing as soon as the learner goes to this slide/image. I do not know what am I doing wrong to link it? 

Topics

Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help! ASAP Please!

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to insert audio to associate with a click box so that when the learner wants to hear the audio they click on a sound icon. I have done on other slides/images without a problem. However, with this last one the audio starts playing as soon as the learner goes to this slide/image. I do not know what am I doing wrong to link it? 

Topics

Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My method for this is to import desired audio to the library then place a basic action of "Play Audio" on the icon. After that, you can choose the clip from the library to associate with the click box.

I would suggest another button as well to stop the audio if they do not want to listen to it any longer.

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you attach object audio to an object, it will play when the object is visible. Why do you want to attach audio to a click box? And you have another button with the sound icon? Two ways:

1. Use the Play Audio command to attach to the Success event of the button.
  2. Attach the audio to an object (can be a shape without fill and stroke) which you make invisible in output. Then attach the command 'Show object' to the sound icon you are using as button.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group