Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me replicate this shape?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I am trying to replicate a shape that someone else created. I am only able to select the rounded rectangle. Can you help me add the following features?

1) "Title" bar of different color

2) "X" in top right corner exits project when user clicks it.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

You could do this with a grouped object made up of, in this example, a series of shapes, some of which have been converted to freeform and had their points edited to form the shapes that are not available from the shapes icon in the toolbar. You can resize it to a point, but you will have to select the individual shapes for changes like the font size or the call out for the main shape. Also, you can convert the X button to a shape used as a button to hide the entire grouped object.

2019-04-06_9-23-36.png

Download this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is a shape? Wished you had shown the full object, because you cut the part that is going upwards left. You can convert any shape to a freeform shape and edit it. You can fill it with multiple objects.

The X can be a hyperlink triggereing an action. I use that all the time to close a lightbox or something else. Have a look at:

More is in a...hyperlink - Close button - Captivate blog

In this interactive movies, you see examples of close hyperlinks.

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/PlayPause_Scal/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I am a big fan of using PowerPoint to create complex shapes as it has many more shapes to work with such as the rectangle with one rounded corner for making the title bar and the 'X' button.

If I had to make this the same - I would make this outside of Captivate and bring it in. I might just put a click box over the 'X' part.

That being said - you could get something very close all in Captivate with the speech bubble shape and two other shapes without a great deal of work. I did a rounded rectangle and a circle for the 'X'. It won't be exact but perhaps it will suit your needs.

You can spend as much time as you want playing with fonts, colors, and the freeform editing of points but that will eat up time fast.
You might even go with a right angle corner which looks a little cleaner with no need to freeform edit.

Hope this is useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only possible problem with using a click box to make the X interactive is that this is not possible in a Fluid Boxes project. Click boxes are not allowad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this with a grouped object made up of, in this example, a series of shapes, some of which have been converted to freeform and had their points edited to form the shapes that are not available from the shapes icon in the toolbar. You can resize it to a point, but you will have to select the individual shapes for changes like the font size or the call out for the main shape. Also, you can convert the X button to a shape used as a button to hide the entire grouped object.

2019-04-06_9-23-36.png

Download this here if you want it. https://captivateteacher.com/cptx-files

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everyone! I got what I needed by using a combo of Paul's template and Stagprime's shape suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it will not be one shape, hope you are not in a responsive project with fluid boxes, because you cannot use neither solution in such a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources