Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with Advanced Actions crash

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm still working with Captivate 2017 and yesterday everything was working fine. Today Captivate crashes when making advanced actions. 

Already did the following :

- Cleaned up unused actions (but it crashes again when leaving the advanced actions, and the actions i deleted come back)
- Cleaned up my library

- Cache cleanup

- Try reinstalling 2017 captivate, but it's not working anymore (error that I need a newer version. Error 1)

- Try to update the software, but my update panel stays blank. After a few relaunches it appeared but I couldn't install Captivate 2019. Again error 1

- Made a new project, but also here when making advanced actions, it crashes

I'm running out of options 😞

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see that you cleaned the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Always so happy when I see you reply. Somehow I always feel like we are going to solve the issue 🙂
I indeed did not clean my preferences. I saw that I need to delete a folder, but it was for windows. I'm on a Mac, do you know what to do if I want to clean my preferences on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind words, wished I could solve more problems.

You have admin rights, since you did reinstall. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder of Captivate. Close Captivate and run the CleanPreferncesMac file which you find in that subfolder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,

I will give it a try. Just came of a chat with Adobe, they Captivate is not supported with macOS Catalina. So I'm thinking this is the problem. However I updated to Catalina on friday and worked on my project on Sunday. SO it doesn't really make sense.

I will let you know if the preferences trick helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I just did the preference clean up. It didn't help. Still getting the crash. So I guess it does have something to do with Catalina.

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, forgot to ask if you do like most mac users, install immediately any new OS without checking if existing applications are compatible. That is not only the case for Captivate but also for other Adobe apps. Apple never cares about other companies.... Sorry for that cynical note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah Apple is losing his credit. They used to focus on Designers, now they are more interested in the people that buy a Mac to put in front of the window to show of. It still takes A while for them to puch me to a windows computer, but these types of action sure help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources