Exit

Help! Simple game idea....

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to create a very simple game called 'Builder or Breaker'

The idea of the game is a statement will pop up on screen and the viewer has to hit either a 'builder' button or a 'breaker' button....

I imagine there will be around 10 slides with a different statement on each...

Once the learners has worked through all the slides I would like their results to be automatically collated on a summary screen - my question is how do I do this??

Thank you so much in advance 🙂

Kim

Builder or Breaker.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Results screen, please. This one I already did see in the question. It is important to know how and what you'll show there, before trying to refelct on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a native English speaker, can you explain what you mean by

results to be automatically collated on a summary screen - ?

Is that all the results only of the statements in the Builder, or both in the Builder and Breaker part (two summaries)?

Which Captivate version so you use, please?

Whatever the answer to my questions: you'll need to use variables to store the statements to be displayed later, and advanced or better shared actions. Maybe using multistate objects would be the easiest way to display the result.

You probably will get an answer from the JS experts as well. If you have experience with programming languages, that would be the best way. If you want to do it with Captivate functionality I can offer a solution. Have several simple games on my blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the learner has clicked through all the question slides I would like the following screen to display how many they got correct and which one were right and which were wrong.

I don't have any programming knowledge so the ability in Captivate would be good....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no screenshot added, can you do it, please? It looks like 'correct/wrong' is different from Building/Breaking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the yellow screenshot above?

The answer to some questions will be  'breaker' and some will be a 'builder' so some will be correct and others incorrect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, I do no see a screenshot except the first one. Thought you added one for the result screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Builder or Breaker.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Results screen, please. This one I already did see in the question. It is important to know how and what you'll show there, before trying to refelct on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry i havent created a results screen as yet as not sure what the best process is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to see how you want that screen set up.

This use case is not as 'simple' as you think, but can be done. However I'm just a user, and at this moment pretty busy with clients (and my new website). Will see what is possible, never answer a question without having double-checked the answer. Visit my blog, you'll find some games there. Not sure I'll be able to help you more today. Maybe someone else will pop in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you I'll see if i can work out what I need to do... in the meantime I'll take a look at your blog, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources