• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with advance actions, one button activates tow actions in sequence

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set a button that will play two advanced actions.  The first part is to activate a graphic move. I have this action done.

The second part is to advance to the next slide after the movement is complete.  This is where I am stuck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Terminology problem you can have only one advanced action triggered by an interactive object event, in this case by the Success event of a button. 

I have answered your question this morning in the Adobe elearning Community:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2020/08/one-button-two-sequence-actions/

Here is a duplicate of my answer:

"

It would have been good if you told more about your present workflow: show image and ‘expand’? Is that done using the timeline or an action?

You will probably need an adv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terminology problem you can have only one advanced action triggered by an interactive object event, in this case by the Success event of a button. 

I have answered your question this morning in the Adobe elearning Community:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2020/08/one-button-two-sequence-actions/

Here is a duplicate of my answer:

"

It would have been good if you told more about your present workflow: show image and ‘expand’? Is that done using the timeline or an action?

You will probably need an advanced action, using the Delay Next actions… command. Can only help more if I get the details, including which version (see Help, About Captivate for the full version number) you are using on which OS."

This one seems to be more limited, since you don't talk about 'expand' anymore. You are talking now about a motion path, but motion effect applied by the button? In that case add the command 'Delay Next Actions' to the advanced action for a duration which is the Effect duration and followed by Go to Next Slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.  Delay Next action was what I was looking for.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources