Highlighted

Hide content from screen readers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am needing to hide objects in Captivate from screen readers. I had read somewhere that if you unchecked the Auto Label box in the Accessibility panel that the object would not be read. This does not seem to be true. Is there another way?  

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hide content from screen readers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am needing to hide objects in Captivate from screen readers. I had read somewhere that if you unchecked the Auto Label box in the Accessibility panel that the object would not be read. This does not seem to be true. Is there another way?  

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this not possible?  Seems like something that should be offered by Captivate.  Or at the least some work around???  Adobe...can you resond to this?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to ruin your day...but...Adobe doesn't respond to things like this. 

And the Adobe Captivate developer team members never chime in here unless some huge "showstopper" issue has emerged.  Your issue isn't going to be seen as one of those, so please don't hold your breath for an answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group