Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide Default Submit Button in Drag and Drop Quiz

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a drag and drop slide with 3 drop targets and 1 drag object with one attempt set. Now I want to hide a submit button until a drag object is dropped in any of the three drop targets to avoid empty submission, unfortunately default submit button has no id which I can use to hide. I have tried to refer similar issues in the forum and I saw another idea of making another button and put on top, when I tried this I came to notice that the button is still clickable even when is behind another button. Any help please..

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacking interactive objects is NEVER a good idea, although some experts claim it works. It used to be possible for SWF output but is to be avoided for HTML5 output.

The Submit button is an embedded object, like all the quiz buttons. You can drag it out to the scratch area, you can activate the Auto Submit (works only for correct answers). Moreover you can use the Object actions.  That may be a solution for  you to avoid empty submit. Create a counter variable which you increments which each object action. Add a second decision to that action, which checks the value of the counter and shows a previously hidden text (or state of a multistate object) to warn if the counter variable is still equal to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, I'm expecting my users to pick wrong/correct answer for this case I think auto submit won't be a solution to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about my other proposal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please correct me if I'm wrong, In this case the object action(s) will be executed when the item is dropped in "drop target". For this case user will still be able to click submit button since object action can't hide it or disable it to be clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, answered too quickly.  Checking the counter variable needs to happen with the Failure action, but the problem is that this Failure action is in reality a last attempt action.

Is this a scored D&D slide,  or a Knowledge Check slide? A KC slide can be reset easily, a scored slide not that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is scored D&D slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is complicating. Try this (didn't check it myself):

1. Make the default Submit button 'invicible'. It is mostly a Transparent button (of you can change to that type). Set both Alpha and Stroke to 0.
  2. Create a shape that looks exactly the same as the Submit button before making it invisible and locate it over the invisible Submit buttons. Make that shape invisible in Output.
  3. Use the object actions to trigger the command 'Show shape' to make the shape visible. 
  4. Although the Submit button is invisibe I suspect it will be activated when clicking the shape.... you have to double-check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button will still be clickable even after making it transparent. You won't see it since it is transparent but when you click where is located will trigger (submit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, but the learner doesn't see where the button is at all. You can count on that.

Another workaroud is to drag the Submibutton out in the screatch area except a very small part. Use a motion path effect, which you'll have to define as custo meffet£. This will be more complicated because you'll have to avoid that it moves in more than once, you'll need a combined conditional action as object action, taking into account the counter variable I mentioned in my first answer.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources