• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide "Submit" button?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to prevent the "submit" button on quiz slides from appearing until a learner has selected an answer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Not by default with standard quiz questions. 

But you don't really need to do this for the question to be effective.  You can turn on the option that will show an 'Incomplete' caption (it's usually on by default for new questions).  This will show a special type of feedback caption if the user tries to click the submit button before selecting anything.

If you want more control then you would need to create your own custom quiz questions using normal Captivate objects.  Then you would be able to s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not by default with standard quiz questions. 

But you don't really need to do this for the question to be effective.  You can turn on the option that will show an 'Incomplete' caption (it's usually on by default for new questions).  This will show a special type of feedback caption if the user tries to click the submit button before selecting anything.

If you want more control then you would need to create your own custom quiz questions using normal Captivate objects.  Then you would be able to set something up that worked closer to what you're asking for.  But it would not be a true quiz question and would therefore not have several other advantages that normal quiz questions have (e.g. Review Mode as an option.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was something my boss thought they had seen done on a video. I didn't think it was necessary since by default the learner can't progress until they answer anyway. I'm sure it's possible to hide a "next" button on a standard slide, assuming there are actions that need to be completed before the user can advance. Maybe that's what they saw.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently posted a couple of blogs about Quiz tweaking. In this one I show two workflows to 'hide' the Submit button until audio has finished to prevent that learner skips the audio by answering too quickly:

Quiz Tweak 2: Slide Audio - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources