Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide/Show a Button on Quiz Results Slide Based on Quiz Pass/Fail

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from Chicago!

I'm sure there's a simple solution to this..

On the quiz results slide:

I need to display (show) a "Continue" button when the learner passes the quiz. The Continue button will move the learner to the final slide of the project which is just simple "congratulations" message and some simple directions.

If the learner does not pass the quiz, the "Continue" button is hidden and the "retake" button is displayed.

I appreciate any help you folks can lend.

Cheers!

Serko

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

You are using the default Results slide? You cannot 'hide' the Continue button which is as essential to the score slide as the Submit button on a question slide. However you can drag the Continue button under the Retake button. When the learner succeeds, the Retake button will not appear. It will only appear after failure, and if the attempts on quiz level are not exhausted. If the attempts are exhausted the Continue button will appear on Failure, you didn't tell what has to happen then. Clickin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the default Results slide? You cannot 'hide' the Continue button which is as essential to the score slide as the Submit button on a question slide. However you can drag the Continue button under the Retake button. When the learner succeeds, the Retake button will not appear. It will only appear after failure, and if the attempts on quiz level are not exhausted. If the attempts are exhausted the Continue button will appear on Failure, you didn't tell what has to happen then. Clicking the Continue button will launch the actions you define in Quiz Preferences, Pass or Fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again you're spot on!

I didn't realize the Results slide, I was working on, was NOT the default.

Your idea to "hide" the Continue button worked perfectly!

However, I have tried setting the "If Passing" action to "exit", "continue" and "No Action" but the continue button doesn't trigger any action.

I need to have the button close the project (not the browser) and bring the learner back to the page the SCORM package was running from. 

Thanks again for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is considered to be a good practice to have at least one slide after the score slide. Those actions (Passing/Failing grade) are indeed linked with the Continue button (hence its importance) but are executed only after reaching the last frame of the results slide. 

You also have to check the Quiz Preferences, sometimes the Failing grade action is not executed because of some of those preferences: not allowing backwards movement, very strict setting for Required field etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

While testing, I've run into a scenario that I hadn't thought of:

• Learner fails quiz (unlimited retakes)
  • "Retake" button (which I "hid" under the "Continue" button per your advice) appears alongside "Review Your Quiz" button
  • Learner reviews quiz
  • Returns to Quiz Results slide but "Retake Quiz" button is missing and "Continue" button is exposed.

I need to allow the learner to retake the quiz after he/she reviews prior (failed) attempt.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, normally I hide the Review button under the Retake button in a normal situation. I don't understand why you allow Review since you have inifinite attempts on quiz llevel? Review should be possible only after success in that case, which means all the answers are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and I wouldn't allow it, but client seems to believe her staff will "learn from their mistakes".

Seems to me, that the client might as well give the learners the quiz answers and make the quiz "open book".

Perhaps I'll be a little more "direct" in my suggestion to leave off the Review feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, that is the best way. Try to explain to logic of Review and Retake. Or you could create a custom Review slide, lot of work. Have a blog post explaining a workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources