Highlighted

Hiding buttons AND audio upon slide return

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. So I've asked before about hiding certain buttons on a slide until other buttons have been clicked. Got that working using variables/states/advanced actions combinations on slide entry. Same with playing audio. I have it working where audio plays the first time a slide is visited, but not on subsequent visits to the slide (again, using variable/advanced action combo). Does anyone know if there is a way to essentially combine those two ideas into one solution? For example, I want audio to play on slide entry, but I want a certain button (continue button) to stay hidden until all other buttons on the slide have been pressed. When one of those buttons is clicked, it takes me to another slide to view content. I can return to the original slide, but I want the "continue" button to stay hidden AND the audio for the slide to be suppressed. Below are a couple screenshots of my conditional advanced action that activates upon entering the slide. I really don't think I need to supply the "else" portion of the action, but I have just in case. As always, thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hiding buttons AND audio upon slide return

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. So I've asked before about hiding certain buttons on a slide until other buttons have been clicked. Got that working using variables/states/advanced actions combinations on slide entry. Same with playing audio. I have it working where audio plays the first time a slide is visited, but not on subsequent visits to the slide (again, using variable/advanced action combo). Does anyone know if there is a way to essentially combine those two ideas into one solution? For example, I want audio to play on slide entry, but I want a certain button (continue button) to stay hidden until all other buttons on the slide have been pressed. When one of those buttons is clicked, it takes me to another slide to view content. I can return to the original slide, but I want the "continue" button to stay hidden AND the audio for the slide to be suppressed. Below are a couple screenshots of my conditional advanced action that activates upon entering the slide. I really don't think I need to supply the "else" portion of the action, but I have just in case. As always, thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
dan561 LATEST
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you set up the audio? Slide audio, object audio?

You could just mute the audio with assign cpCmndMute = 1 or assign cpCmndVolume = 0. Remember to assign cpCmndMute = 0 or cpCmndVolume = 100 on enter of the next slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group