• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotpot image appears different

Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019 and publishing as HTML5.

On hotpot questions, we use an image called bullet_blue.png.  It's a small blue circle bullet_blue.gifthat doesn't cover too big an area when a user clicks on it, and has no animation.  It's suitable for our use.

On some projects, instead of displaying the nice blue circle, it instead displays as a larger image with lines that flash in and out.   It obscures too big an area and I would think the flashing is not good for accessibility.

I've looked through settings and trawled forums but I can't find out why it does it on some projects and how to make it appear as it should.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, some of my post above didn't save.  This is how the image looks (but shouldn't).bullet blue flash.gif Starting from the middle, the lines flash outwards.

Please can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That animation is the default animated GIF that is used for HTML5 output.

You can change the default animation for a hotspot question in the Quiz tab, but you have to make the change for each and every hotspot question slide.

Have you checked the Quiz tab settings for all hotspot questions to see what animation file they show as selected?

By the way a PNG file is not by default an animated file, but the selection dropdown does allow you to change from Animated GIF to other files such as PNG.  My suggestion would be that you use a GIF file instead and create an animated GIF that doesn't have the objectionable flashing behaviour that you don't like.  Adobe uses this type of GIF by default because a non-animated file doesn't usually draw the user's attention enough.  But I agree that some animations are a bit too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I've had a play about and decided to stick with bullet_blue.png.  It's always good to investigate alternatives though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources