Highlighted

How can I build a template for a software recording?

Engaged ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello : )

We are bulding a Captivate template for our customer: creating styles, custom navigation, place holders for images, setting fonts, etc.  They want to be able to use the template for their software recordings as well.  My first thought was "well we could just have place holder for the screen recordings similar to a place holder for text..", but unfortunately it's not that easy because screen recordings are entire slides.

Are there any ideas out there on how we can make it easy for the customer to just "imbed" a software recording into a template ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I build a template for a software recording?

Engaged ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello : )

We are bulding a Captivate template for our customer: creating styles, custom navigation, place holders for images, setting fonts, etc.  They want to be able to use the template for their software recordings as well.  My first thought was "well we could just have place holder for the screen recordings similar to a place holder for text..", but unfortunately it's not that easy because screen recordings are entire slides.

Are there any ideas out there on how we can make it easy for the customer to just "imbed" a software recording into a template ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, if you trust me (?), NEVER use a cptl file at this moment, it causes too many issues.

Most of what you want to have can be done with object styles, master slides (can have navigation buttons), skin and Recording Defaults, which are all components of a THEME, not of a template. Have a look at:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

When recording a software simulation, the blank master slide is used. The customer just has to use the Slides button and choose a Sofwtare simulation or a Video Demo. Advantage of a theme is that you don't impose a resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group