• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change Table of Contents (the actual words) to Tabla de contenido in captivate?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am localizing a project to Spanish. I changed all the TOC content, but how can I change the actual words Table of Content to Tabla de contenido as well as slide title to Título de la diapositiva?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

If you are publishing to html5, then you can edit the  CPM.js file in the js folder in the published Assets folder. Make sure you make these edit in the final version of your published project. If you republish you will have to edit again.

It's easier to replace a block of code

The code to edit is:

{overlay:false,position:1,stretch:true,alpha:100,texture:false,showSearch:true,showTotalD:true,showClear:false,showDuration:true,statusFlag:true,hasSelfPaced:true,htmlFileId:19348,clear:'Clear Status Fl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved from The Lounge to Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a place within the Table of Contents section where you can edit that. Here is a video where I show that location and how to change it. Change the Title of Your Captivate Table of Contents - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, I did find that, but what about changing the following?

Slide Title

Duration

Minutes

I need to make those Spanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this can be done but it's a very manual process that many Captivate developers have been asking Adobe to address for many years now. You can edit these types of elements by creating a file in the folder where your Adobe Captivate installation is located. The file can be created using a text editor such as Notepad and it should be called TOCStrings.ini. It needs to contain the following entries.

[TOCStrings]

SlideTitle=

Duration=

Status=

MoreInfo=

Clear=

ClearToolTip=

BookMarkToolTip=

NoSearch=

CurrTime=

Just enter what words you want to appear instead of the defaults that appear after the equal signs. There are a couple of issues to note. The first thing is that this will only affect new projects moving forward. Existing projects will still contain the default text. You would need to copy and paste the slides of an older project into a newly created version for the updated strings to appear. Another thing is that you will need admin rights to create such a file in the first place, which would be a challenge for people working within a corporate environment where these sorts of rights are not often granted.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are publishing to html5, then you can edit the  CPM.js file in the js folder in the published Assets folder. Make sure you make these edit in the final version of your published project. If you republish you will have to edit again.

It's easier to replace a block of code

The code to edit is:

{overlay:false,position:1,stretch:true,alpha:100,texture:false,showSearch:true,showTotalD:true,showClear:false,showDuration:true,statusFlag:true,hasSelfPaced:true,htmlFileId:19348,clear:'Clear Status Flag',bookmark:'Bookmark',moreInfo:'More Info',slideTitle:'Slide Title',duration:'Duration',minutes:'Minutes',go:'Go',noSearchText:'No Matches Found',

use the find feature in Notepad to identify the code - search for   overlay

replace with the translated text:

{overlay:false,position:1,stretch:true,alpha:100,texture:false,showSearch:true,showTotalD:true,showClear:false,showDuration:true,statusFlag:true,hasSelfPaced:true,htmlFileId:19348,clear:'Bandera de Estado Clara',bookmark:'Marcador',moreInfo:'Mas informacion',slideTitle:'Ti­tulo de la diapositiva',duration:'Duracion',minutes:'Minutos',go:'Mi para Ir',noSearchText:'No se encontraron coincidencias'

You will have to add proper accents in the spanish as this post is adding non characters so I have left out the proper Spanish accents.

Use Notepad to edit the content. When you resave the CPM.js file be sure to save it at UTF-8 format to perserve the Spanish accents. Saving it as default ANSI will remove the accents.

You can also localize the tool tips on the buttons on the playbar if you need to Spanish as well:

Edit the playbarScript.js file in the playbar folder in the Assets folder

an example is shown below.

cp.playbarTooltips

{

AudioOff : 'Audio apagado',

AudioOn : 'Audio en',

BackGround : 'BackGround',

Backward : 'Hacia atras',

Color : 'Color',

CC : 'CC',

Exit : 'Salida',

FastForward : '2x Velocidad de avance rapido',

FastForward1 : '4x Velocidad de avance rapido',

FastForward2 : 'Velocidad normal',

Forward : 'Adelante',

Glow : 'Glow',

Height : 'Height',

InnerStroke : 'InnerStroke',

Play : 'Jugar',

Pause : 'Pausa',

Progress : 'Progress',

Rewind : 'Rebobinar',

Shade : 'Shade',

Stroke : 'Stroke',

Thumb : 'Thumb',

ThumbBase : 'ThumbBase',

TOC : 'TOC'

};

I have been creating a lot of content for Canadian companies where we have to create the interface in French - this has always been a hazzle in Captivate.

In Storyline all you do is click one button and you get to localize the interface in a choice of about 30 languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better solution than the old SWF workflow (posted about 8 years ag I think). Thanks for posting, David, will add it to my list with localisation tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources