Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I pipe text in adobe captivate?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to pipe text in adobe captivate. I would like to be able to take a response to particular question and have that response display in another question. For example, Question A might ask something like "What is your favorite color?" I want to then be able to have another question display something the response to that question. So something like "You said your favorite color was ________." I want the response to be filled in where the blank is.

I hope my question is not too confusing. Essentially, I am trying to re-create a survey function (text piping) from a software program called Qualtrics, where a text response from one question can be displayed in another question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Calvin Do

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Use the Scrolling text interaction to capture the answer. Uncheck the option 'Eead only'. Define a user variable (with Project, Variables) and associate it with the interaction. What will be entered in the interaction will be stored in that variable.

Later on you can insert the variable in a text container to display the answer. Look at the workflow in:

Discover/Use Captivate's System variables - Part 1 - Captivate blog

Same can be done with Text Entry Boxes, but I find them more limiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Scrolling text interaction to capture the answer. Uncheck the option 'Eead only'. Define a user variable (with Project, Variables) and associate it with the interaction. What will be entered in the interaction will be stored in that variable.

Later on you can insert the variable in a text container to display the answer. Look at the workflow in:

Discover/Use Captivate's System variables - Part 1 - Captivate blog

Same can be done with Text Entry Boxes, but I find them more limiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources