• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I return to "Last visited State"?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a picture of a screen (screen_m) that shows 0 or 10 when I push a button A. The button toggle the screen number by using the Object Stage panel.

Then I have a second button B that shows a specific state (mute) of the screen (screen_m). The B button should toggle between (mute) and the last visited state, that could be either 0 or 10. Can't figure out how to do that. There is no "Last visited slide"version for the Object States.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no last visited state possible. Multistate objects automatically will get back to the Normal state when revisiting the slide if the option 'Retain state' is not checked. You could use that knowledge to achieve yor goal: re-enter the slide using micronavigation or the workaround with a short dummy slide which I described several times in my blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, you are lightning fast to answer :-).

I solved it by making two B buttons that runs two different Advanced Actions.

1. Button B1 shows State mute and making button B2 visible (on top of B 1 of course).
  2. Button B2 Advanced Action picks up a value from a parameter (triggered by button A Advanced Action) and shows either 0 or 10 depending of the parameter value. And then button B2 hide itself.
  3. And Button 2 has just one State that looks like B1 Down & Visited state.

It works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are always several ways to solve such a problem. Did you try with shared actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources