• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I speed up the Flicker effect?

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019 for Mac on Mojave. I'm tryng to add the emphasis effect "Flicker" to a box so it blinks around a particular important field but the flicker is more of a brown in and out. It is suuuuper slow-mow. I have the arrow extended on the timelie for 14 seconds, I also have the effect duration set for 14 seconds, but that doesn't seem to speed up the "beats per second" I am going for. I feel like this is probably stupid easy and I'm missing something.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shorten the duration, which is set to 1sec. I often use Flicker, but several in sequence to get focus on something. Do not forget to test with F11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I knew it was stupid easy. I have to admit, the need to have a bunch of them to keep the flicker going is annoying. Maybe that effect needs to be renamed to "blink once" or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I have a custom effect which has several Flickers in sequence....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I bet it's awesome. I just copy/pasted a number of half second lengths of the object, aligned them all in the same position (like they are stacked) and set them all to .1 second duration. I just meant, if any developers read this, ...wish list. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources