• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can learner advance without having to listen to audio in assessment?

Participant ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a multiple choice question. There is audio that essentially reads what is written on the screen. It is a few sentences. Even if the learner quickly answers the question and clicks Submit, s/he has to wait until the audio finishes before the it advances to the next slide.

Is there any way for the slide to automatically advance when hitting Submit, even if the audio is playing? I don't want the audio to carry over to the next slide.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't add the audio to the slide.  Add it to an object that is on the slide (e.g. a transparent text caption without any text or a highlight box set to 0 Alpha to make it invisible to the user.).  Set your quiz question to only 3 seconds duration.  Set the On Success and On Last Attempt actons to hide the object with the audio.  That way as soon as the user clicks again after clicking the Submit button to evaluate the question the action will hide the caption and cut off the audio so that it does not continue when viewing the next slide.

You can also do this on more recent versions of Captivate by setting the On Enter Slide action to Play Audio, and the ON Sucess and On Last Attempt actions to Stop Triggered Audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Thanks very much for your reply.

1. I created a smart object for each of the 3 multiple choice questions (can't edit fill and stroke for text boxes).

2. I put a smart object onto each multiple choice question slide.

3. I dragged the respective mp3 from the Library and then dropped it onto the smart object. There was a pop up asking if I wanted to increase the timeline to align with the length of the audio. I chose 'yes.'

Questions:

• How do I "Set your quiz question to only 3 seconds duration" is that in a menu/accordion or do I just drag the timeline items? Why 3 seconds?
  • You wrote "You can also do this on more recent versions of Captivate by setting the On Enter Slide action to Play Audio, and the ON Sucess and On Last Attempt actions to Stop Triggered Audio.'
    • I have the newest update to Captivate 7.
    • Right now, the slide's On Success is 'Go to the next slide' and Last Attempt is 'Continue.' If I change those to 'Play Audio' and 'Stopped Triggered Audio,' will the slide not be able to advance?

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, is it possible to use some version of your suggested response here to stop audio on a quiz slide once submit is selected so that custom feedback audio is triggered?

Sherry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, are you still on CP7? If not, I would suggest to start a new thread. This one is 5 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources