Highlighted

How can we prevent screen readers from reading certain objects?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we prevent screen readers from reading certain objects, like decorative items that would waste a users time? There must be some way to do this? Is there a trick, like adding code to the alt text to ignore the object? Or maybe uncheck Auto Label and leave the fields blank? Using Captivate 11.5.1

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can we prevent screen readers from reading certain objects?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we prevent screen readers from reading certain objects, like decorative items that would waste a users time? There must be some way to do this? Is there a trick, like adding code to the alt text to ignore the object? Or maybe uncheck Auto Label and leave the fields blank? Using Captivate 11.5.1

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Cheryl R LATEST
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,  I came across your question, and wonder if you ever got any additional information on this.  I have the same question.  We are putting together an online Course in Captivate 2019.  The course will be narrated and will have closed captions for the narration.  The narration describes the images that are shown on the screen, so I didn't want to also describe the images, as that would seem redundant.  So my thought was to uncheck Auto Label and leave the fields blank so that the screen reader would skip over them.  Will that work?  Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines