• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can we view all text created in a captivate module through the SCORM file?

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team,

We have created a lot of internal learning over the years and we are having to go through and edit all references to our intranet. To analyse the text references, I want to access one of the scorm files through notepad++ (such as an xml file) so I can search for terms rather than having to open every module in captivate. I can't seem to find which file within the SCORM package that all text I have created within captivate is held within.

Would anyone happen to know which file it may be contained within please?

Thanks heaps!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

If you created the content as SWF output then the links text will be buried inside the SWF in a binary format which you can do nothing about.

If you published the content as HTML5 then the links text is probably buried inside the CPM.js file in the HTML5 content.  You would need to open that file with an HTML editing app and search for the specific text string to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you created the content as SWF output then the links text will be buried inside the SWF in a binary format which you can do nothing about.

If you published the content as HTML5 then the links text is probably buried inside the CPM.js file in the HTML5 content.  You would need to open that file with an HTML editing app and search for the specific text string to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Brother Rod!

As always you have come through with the goods. I really appreciate your speedy reply here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the conclusion is that you will have to open all the cptx-files and republish, a small supplementary tip. If the 'references' are in hyperlinks, use the Advanced Interaction panel, where you can filder for all the hyperlinks. That panel cannot be used for editing but it is linked to slide/properties panel. When you select a hyperlink, its slide will automatically be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great advice as always Miss Lilybiri. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about that function. I really appreciate the input from the 2 world renown captivate experts. I am certainly aiming to increase my knowledge eventually to that of yours and Rod's. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always trying to put those forgotten gems to the foreground.... my attitude. Captivate has too much of those ignored gems. Maybe need to write a blog about Advanced Interaction panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is so much to remember about captivate. It's such a powerful authoring tool with awesome possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources