• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I animate an outline of a rectangle?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m in the process of creating some basic learning demos for staff and I’m trying to apply an animation where the outline of a rectangle/box appears as if it’s been drawn over the area where I’m showcasing (similar to what you see in other training demos for how to use captivate).  Haven’t been able to come across how I would achieve this and any help is much appreciated! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I have been able to create such an effect is with four separate lines configured to line up to form a rectangle. The first line is set to appear immediately and with the StretchFromLeft effect. Each subsequent line is delayed in appearance until the previous line has been fully formed. Then use the appropriate StretchFromTop, Right, Bottom effect depending on which line you want to appear next. Sounds complicated but this took me more time to write this than to create it. Here's a screen capture of what my layout and timeline look like. Once you have an example of this it's easy to copy and paste elsewhere.

2020-11-13_12-31-53.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great solution. What people really want out of Captivate, is MARCHING ANTS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. circa 1997. Big red bold ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an interesting approach. @paul how hard is it to resize? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably take about thirty seconds, a little longer than just a rectangle but not too difficult if you understand what too do. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources