• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the background color of each slide?

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to find any setting for changing the background color of a slide (similar to "format background" in PowerPoint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different possibilities: change the project background color and make sure all slides use the project background. Or change the background color of the main master slide, it will be inherited by the other master slides. Themes in Captivate are lot more powerful than themes in Powerpoint:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'd like a different color for each slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Sounds weird for an eLearning course  Normally the learner shouldn't even be aware that the playhead moved to the next slide. But if that is your choice, use the option 'Custom ' for the background, and Solid, Fill with the color you want.

BGSlide.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

For instance I might have one slide white and another grey for different types of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will probably want same color for more than one slide? In that case use a master slide with the appropriate color, will save you time than having to change it for each slide individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources