• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a captivate responsive video that doesn't use SWF

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Captivate. I was able to create my project without any problems. It has a "click here" option on each slide that advances to the next slide. Can someone tell me if it is possible or if it is possible how to publish the project so that is stays interactive but doesn't need Flash?

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Non-responsive project? I suspect that is the case. Check the HTML Tracker under the Project menu for possible issues when publishing to HTML5. Then set up the Publishing dialog box like this:

Scalable.png

I used this screenshot for another user to indicate the Scalable HTML option. If you check it, the published and to a webserver uploaded output will adapt to the size of the browser.

I checked the option 'Zip files', but that is not necessary. Depends where and how you will upload the published file. For

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by 'responsive video'? If this is a responsive project you can publish only to HTML5. It is a non-responsive project, you have to publish only to HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe "responsive" is not the correct term, maybe "interactive" is better. Per my description the use has to click on a menu option to advance to the next screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-responsive project? I suspect that is the case. Check the HTML Tracker under the Project menu for possible issues when publishing to HTML5. Then set up the Publishing dialog box like this:

Scalable.png

I used this screenshot for another user to indicate the Scalable HTML option. If you check it, the published and to a webserver uploaded output will adapt to the size of the browser.

I checked the option 'Zip files', but that is not necessary. Depends where and how you will upload the published file. For the eLearning portal it is necessary to zip the folder (they upload to an amazon service). To upload to my domain I have to take that option away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found what the problem was, I had switched from SWF by clicking on the HTML5 button and I thought the  HTML5 output was selected and it wasn't. I had to click on the HTML5 button again to get the swf attributes to clear. Screen shot 2 displays what it should look like. Then my output generated fine without creating a SWF file.

Publish.pngpublish2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the reason I showed a screenshot of how the publishing dialog box should look. Did you not see that screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but, I did see the screen shot but when I clicked on HTML5 it didn't change/clear the information to look like your screen shot.  I had to click back and forth to get it to clear. It happens the same way every time and all of the projects I'm converting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources