Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Get Captivate to Turn On My USB Webcam

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just bought a new USB camera.  It's working great with everything except Captivate.  When I'm getting ready to do a Video Demo, the "USB Live Camera" shows up as an option for the webcam.  When I select it, the input changes, but presents only a black screen.  The light on the camera indicating that it's in use is not illuminated.  It appears that choosing the camera as the input, is changing the input in Captivate correctly, but not telling the camera to turn on.

Has anyone else come across this issue and determined a solution?  There doesn't seem to be anything in the preferences either for the operating system or the program to resolve it.  I hope I'm just missing it.

I'm using a Mac on the Catalina operating system.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Christopher.

TOPICS
Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a MAC with Catalina, are you also on the very latest version of Captivate 2019 that was released to work with Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

I recently installed Captivate 2019... I'm using version 11.5.4.613, which I believe is the most recent.  The program is running very smoothly in all other instances.  This is the only problem that I've come across. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are running the very latest patch for Mac OS then I suggest you might need to log this as a bug with Adobe.  You may have found an issue they missed in testing.

Also try updating the driver software for your camera.  That might offer a solution.  You never know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources