Highlighted

How do I get elements above a quiz button?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using a multiple choice slide as a knowledge check. I want to run some advanced actions when there's either a correct or incorrect answer. It involves showing a hidden SmartShape that has response text, an image, and some custom buttons. The issue is that no matter what, when the SmartShape appears, the Submit button is still visible (it should be under the SmartShape). Here's a prototype of what I mean:

The SmartShape is the frontmost element on the slide. Is there a way around this? I can't find any way to hide the Submit button.

(as a side question, is there any way to avoid having the checkboxes so tiny?)

Thanks,

Mike

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

All embedded objects on a quiz or KC slide have top priority, they are alway on top of custom objects. The Submit button is the most essential embedded object, it is linked to the pausing point of the slide and has all the functionality of the Submit process. Since it is embedded it has no individual timeline, nor an ID and can/should never been hidden?

For SWF output I had a workaround, where I had those custo mobjects on the slide before the quiz slide (very short slide) timed for the rest of the project and then it could appear on top. That is not working for HTML5 output however.

I a bit worried about  '.... and some custom buttons'. What is the goal of those?  Maybe you should create a custo mquiz slide, instead of using the default KC slides. Then you don't have to worry about embedded objects, have full control over everything but working out the advanced or shared actions will take more time.

A possible workaround could be to make the Submit button 'invisible'. In the themes packaged with Captivate it is always a transparent button, you can set Alpha and stroke to 0. Then create an image looking like that original button and put it on top of the now invisible Submit button. Hide that image with the same ation which you use to show the custom objets. Beware: the Submit button is still there, but after the first click it s not really active anumore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I get elements above a quiz button?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using a multiple choice slide as a knowledge check. I want to run some advanced actions when there's either a correct or incorrect answer. It involves showing a hidden SmartShape that has response text, an image, and some custom buttons. The issue is that no matter what, when the SmartShape appears, the Submit button is still visible (it should be under the SmartShape). Here's a prototype of what I mean:

The SmartShape is the frontmost element on the slide. Is there a way around this? I can't find any way to hide the Submit button.

(as a side question, is there any way to avoid having the checkboxes so tiny?)

Thanks,

Mike

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

All embedded objects on a quiz or KC slide have top priority, they are alway on top of custom objects. The Submit button is the most essential embedded object, it is linked to the pausing point of the slide and has all the functionality of the Submit process. Since it is embedded it has no individual timeline, nor an ID and can/should never been hidden?

For SWF output I had a workaround, where I had those custo mobjects on the slide before the quiz slide (very short slide) timed for the rest of the project and then it could appear on top. That is not working for HTML5 output however.

I a bit worried about  '.... and some custom buttons'. What is the goal of those?  Maybe you should create a custo mquiz slide, instead of using the default KC slides. Then you don't have to worry about embedded objects, have full control over everything but working out the advanced or shared actions will take more time.

A possible workaround could be to make the Submit button 'invisible'. In the themes packaged with Captivate it is always a transparent button, you can set Alpha and stroke to 0. Then create an image looking like that original button and put it on top of the now invisible Submit button. Hide that image with the same ation which you use to show the custom objets. Beware: the Submit button is still there, but after the first click it s not really active anumore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group