• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the learning interaction "Jeopardy game" to work in Internet Explorer

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently converted a course to HTML 5 and it includes the Jeopardy Learning interaction. It worked fine when the file was saved as an SWF. The new HTML5 version works perfectly in Chrome, and it also appears to work when I preview in Internet Explorer. However when it is deployed through my LMS the interaction will not work in Internet Explorer. It does work in Chrome. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difficulty with IE is that it scores very low when compared with other browsers with its implementation of HTML5. Take a look here: HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5? 

You'll see that most other modern browsers are in the high 400s with Chrome 66 at 528. Internet Explorer is 312. A point is awarded when a feature of HTML5 is implemented in each browser. Clearly Internet explorer is less compatible with HTML5.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. Makes sense. I appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am puzzled because you claim that it works in Preview with IE (version?). If you talk about a non-responsive project, the only Preview method that uses a temporary HTML output, is Preview HTMLin Brwoser£. Did you use that one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I was using IE 11 and the preview in HTML 5 option. IT is very odd. I suspect it is because IE does not support HTML 5 as well as all the other browsers which deploy this widget easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ony fully judge the functionality after publishing and uploading to a webserver. It is true that IE is not the best student in the HTML class, but normally such a glitch would show in Preview with F11 as well. I never experienced that it looked fine when using that Preview method and not when published, the contrary happens quite a lot with learning interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it may be true that IE scores lower, but it still Implements all of the important stuff in HTML5. I code HTML5 in IE all the time and don't have any issues that something I want to use is not available.

Open you console (F12) and see what errors are being thrown, if any. I suspect there is something else goin on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same suspicion here, David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors are evident but I don't write a lot of code so I may be overlooking something. Since it works in all other browsers perhaps there is a problem with the LMS provider. I will check there. Thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You marked an asnwer as being correct, which is probably not the correct answer. To avoid confusing other users, please can you reset it? I don't like IE very much myself, but the problem you have is probably not due to IE since Preview works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. It's a mystery. I appreciate you help. Hopefully my LMS support folks have some ideas.  Cheers

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, hope indeed that you can solve this mystery and hope you'll come back with a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources