• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I hide an object in quiz when it's timed for rest of project?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific issue is the TOC icon which has been placed in an early slide and timed for the rest of the project. My problem is I don't want the TOC icon to show in the quiz component.

My immediate answers would be (1) to have the icon placed individually on all learning slides or (2) some advance action scripts - which is not my strength. Am I missing other options here?

This is an active project and am currently using CP9. I tried looking this up but nothing comes close and I am wondering if anyone has come across this scenario.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

If the object is timed for Rest of Project you can easily use an Action or Advanced Action to HIDE that object when you reach the quiz slides.  You can use the ON SLIDE ENTER event of the first quiz slide, or, if the learner may be entering the quiz on potentially any quiz slide (perhaps due to resuming a suspended lesson) set up a Shared Action that does the same HIDE action and have that Shared Action executed by the ON SLIDE ENTER event of all quiz slides.

For an even more sophisticated soluti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the object is timed for Rest of Project you can easily use an Action or Advanced Action to HIDE that object when you reach the quiz slides.  You can use the ON SLIDE ENTER event of the first quiz slide, or, if the learner may be entering the quiz on potentially any quiz slide (perhaps due to resuming a suspended lesson) set up a Shared Action that does the same HIDE action and have that Shared Action executed by the ON SLIDE ENTER event of all quiz slides.

For an even more sophisticated solution, you could use the System Variable that indicates you are currently inside the quiz and then have a Conditional Advanced Action check this variable before Hiding the object.  However, based on your original question, I think this is more than likely beyond your capabilities with Captivate at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response Rod - I have applied and it works. In my downtime, I will try the more sophisticated solution 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since that object is timed for the rest of the project, I don't think a shared action would be a better idea since the same action can be applied to all quiz slides in one work flow: select all quiz slides and choose that advanced action for the On Enter event.  You will need another advanced action which shows the items again on the slide after the quiz slide if those quiz slides are not in sequence.

I would like to test out Rod's answer concerning the system variable. I fear that cpInQuizScope cannot be used in situations where quiz slides are not in sequence because the scope will include contnet slides. Would try the system variable cpQuizQuestionSlideType but it needs exploring because I have no idea what its value is for a normal content slide. Interesting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply Lilybiri. Rod's suggestion worked for the current project I am working on. However, I will probably end up trying your method for the next module(s) that do not have the quiz slides in one work flow/sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources