Highlighted

How do I make slides automatically advance to the next slide after audio ends?

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Captivate 8. The project is a simple set of slides with audio on each slide. I want the project to automatically advance to the next slide when the audio completes. I don't want to need to tell viewers to click anything to continue.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I make slides automatically advance to the next slide after audio ends?

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Captivate 8. The project is a simple set of slides with audio on each slide. I want the project to automatically advance to the next slide when the audio completes. I don't want to need to tell viewers to click anything to continue.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about slide audio, that is the normal behavior of CaptivatE. Once the playhead reaches the last frame of the slide it will automatically advanced to the first frame of the next slit. BUT if you inserted an interactive object which has a pausing point, you have paused the slide yourself, and broke that default behavior.  Please post a screenshot of the Timeline, if you don't understand what I wrote. And maybe read this blog post:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. I've attached the timeline. The slide only contains a couple text captions and a widget (for showing a slide number). The audio is added via the Options tab in the Properties bar. The slide contains no interactive objects. One peculiar thing and possibly a clue is that the slide duration, which seems to stay at 856.2s no matter if I try to change it in the properties.

timeline.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the end of the slide duration in the timeline equal to the duration of the audio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave a gap before and after the audio timeline, but not such a big gap after the audio timeline. The playhead will continue to the next slide when the slide timeline is ended, but after your slide audio there is still 3 seconds left which the playead has to travel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all! The fly-in-the-ointment was that for some strange reason, one of the text captions was set to a long duration. Fixed that and now I can set the slide duration to the duration of the audio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group