• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I publish an art capture at a faster speed to make a "speed paint" video?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying out Captivate to see if it's good for making art process videos. I create digital art & this takes several hours to complete a project. But of course nobody wants to sit and watch a 5 hour video of me painting. How, when I record a video with Captivate, do I speed up the video before publishing it? I want the video to run for 5 minutes not five hours! I've poked around on the Captivate interface but I can't seem to find any "speed up" sliders anywhere on the timeline. I hope you know what I mean - I want to create "speed paint" videos. They are all over YouTube - Google them and you'll get what I mean

I'm sure the answer is simple - please help!

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is an eLearning authoring tool, not a video editor. You need a video editor which can create a 'time lapse'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Lilybiri said, this is best done in a video editor before bringing in the video into Captivate.

Having said that, if you for whatever reason need to do this from within Captivate, you can fire this two lines of JavaScript/ jQuery at your video to modify the speed. '2' as used below doubles it. Replace '2' by the factor you want to use:

var myVideo = $('video');

myVideo[0].playbackRate = 2;

Not sure if you can boil down 5 hours to 5 minutes this way though.

All credits to Kyle Gill, as I got that from his video here: Adobe Captivate Tutorial - Speed Up/Slow Down Video Playback (Easy Javascript) - YouTube

You might have to add some timeout or set an interval to check if the video is loaded before you call the code above, if you want to use it on a slide enter action..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources