• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove old image buttons from Properties panel?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been working out how to use Image Buttons in Captivate 6 and have created loads which now appear in the Properties Panel.

How do I remove unused image buttons from the Properties Panel?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image buttons are cached inside each project file.

Try opening a new blank project file.  Do you still see all of the image buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The buttons don't appear in new project files.

Is there any way to clear the cache? I've built a lot of slides which contain Advanced Actions etc in this current project and would really like to just clean it up rather than having to copy slides across to a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at the Properties panel, you see ALL available images for the buttons. (Assuming that you are referring to to the stock images supplied by Captivate)

Is this the list you are trying to clear?

tmp1.PNG

If so, it's the same list you see with any project Captivate creates.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am facing a similar problem.

We do build courses where we require a lot of custom image buttons.

I am really upset about the fact that i can not clear the button list and just have the buttons i actually need!

Another downside is the fact custom buttons are added somewhere in this list > no alphabetical ordering.

In my opinion this is absolutely unsatisfactory.

Is there any possibility to get rid of the buttons one does not need?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Image buttons are cached inside each project file."

Sounds like an enhancement request. I have the same problem. I created new graphic buttons, inserted into my prject, then tweaked buttons in PhotoShop. Captivate will not release the old button images and refresh with my new tweaked versions.

That ain't right.

Cache is fine but a refresh option should be in place.

Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the enhancement request form is right here on this forum.  Just talking about the enhancement here in a post won't mean it gets into the queue for development.  So if you really believe this would be a good idea, log a request.  If enough other people do the same, Adobe might listen.

Not all good ideas get built.  The ones that get the most votes often do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this even an enhancement?  I can load images into my library.  Then I can trash them.  I can edit them and load them again, overwriting.  I don't understand how there could be any reasonable design plan for button images to be any different.  So once I have an image in there, I can't adjust it for my client?!  Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're missing is the fact that the way YOU want Captivate to work is not the way it DOES currently work, mainly because Adobe didn't see this as an obstacle when they designed and built Captivate.  The way it works made sense to someone at the time, and this is the way it's worked for several versions. Since not enough users thought the issue big enough to log enhancement requests about it, Adobe logically felt other enhancements would make better use of their development dollars and left it the way it is.

Bottom line: You want to have your say about how this app SHOULD work, log an enhancement request and cast your vote for change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with kkolencik. There ought to be a way to remove buttons from the list. I never use the stock buttons. I always make my own. And I have to add lots of them to my projects. The stock ones (and my own slightly faulty do-over buttons) clutter the countertop.

By the way, Rod, who's to say Adobe doesn't read its own user forums? I've worked for other software companies who listen to customers in many ways, for example, at tradeshow booths, via direct email, through user forums, and yes, via web forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2019, seven years later, and this issue still persists, which is sad. I just logged a feature request to enable the Delete Unused Caption Images icon that appears in the Properties Panel when an image button is selected to delete unused user-uploaded images from the image pick-list. In essence, the Delete icon is disabled when unused images you want to delete are selected. Its function is quite below expectations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources