• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I set Up A Video To Stop and Resume where it left off in Captivate?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lareg video file I have sucessfully published to my LMS. The original request was to set up without user access to playback controls to prevent FF through the video. Now they want the playback that allows the user to pause and resmue the video. I have coiurses where this works on my LMS but others set them up. Attached is a screen grab of the message I get when the courses that have the resume capability are resumed.

How do I set this up in Captivate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was his functionality lost due to FLASH end of life?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would span the video across a ton of slides and see how that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like a good and easy to accomplish suggestion without needing to work with variables on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the client does not want to give the user the ability to fast forward through the content, just remove the Fast Forward option from the playbar in the Project > Skin Editor > Playbar settings.

If you don't want them to be able to scrub the cursor on the playbar, either turn that off in playbar settings too, or else you can disable scrubbing on the playbar using the CpExtra HTML5 widget.  (Be aware this cannot be done with IE11.) 

https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/variables/preference.html#xprefdisableplaybarscrubbing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do NOT attach files, but insert the screenshots so that we don't have to download files.

What you showed is the runtime dialog which will only be functional for slides, when you use bookmarking with the Table of Content (not with a LMS). But you are talking about a LMS?  And about pausing and resuming using LMS bookmarking?

The idea of TLCMediaDesign is brilliant, since bookmarking is always slide-based. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources