• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I show correct answer in matching knowledge check after failed attempt?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, new to Captivate here so sorry if it's a noob question!

I'm trying to create a matching knowledge check question with a shuffled 1st column. I want the slide to show the correct answer on 3rd failed attempt. I had been using the object state function to overlay an image when the 1st column doesn't shuffle, but I obviously cannot do this when using a shuffled column. 

Is there any way of doing this? I've attached this image for reference.

 

Matching problem.png

I have done a quick search of the forum and couldn't see anything specifically about matching questions, although it was a quick look - send me a link if its already been answered 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to create a slide with the correct answer. In that case you can also change the layout of the slide, for example having two boxes for the two categories. In the Quiz Settings you can change the action "on succes" to jump to the next slide of your project, and the action for last attempt would be to jump to the slide with the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer will be visible in Review mode.  It shows the given and correct answers, but that Review status will only appear after the quiz is completed, by using the Review button on the score slide.

Another approach would be to replace the Feedback Failure message by an image. But it would not take into account the shuffling of course.  But that would be the same with the proposal of the other user (extra slide) which is in my vision an old technique which I don't like anymore, because you'll need a lot of advanced actions to avoid that extra slide when it shouldn't be visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I'll give them both a go and see which fits best for this lesson. I think the second slide would end up looking the best in this case, as the lesson is going to be fairly long and going all the way back with a review might not be a great experience for the students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources