• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you create a text animation so that text comes in one line at a time in Captivate?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Storyline it is quite easy to animate a text box so that the text comes in one bullet or line at a time -- as opposed to the entire paragraph at once.

How do you do this in Captivate? I don't see any menu setting for it.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

Seems like articulate automates the entire process for you? With Captivate you have to create that manually.  List your text in individual text boxes and lay them out on the screen. Then you stagger them on the stage so that they appear at a certain time or synched to narration. Then you can also add a fade at the bottom of the "Timing" Panel (next to Properties Panel).

Or if your background is a solid color you can use a shape with the same color so it covers your text and then just move it to reveal the text. Sorry its nice just a simple button click! But its relatively easy. I create ONE piece of text and then just press Command + D (Control + D on PC) to duplicate the text box and write in my new text, then I can use the Align panel to organize it and line it up.

Hope that helps!

best,

Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the use cases I explained long time ago during a webinar about Timeline workflows. You can have them moving in in an automatied version (with or without audio) or give control to the learner, to move in every text line. I use mostly shapes as text containers, not the old captions.

You can also use a mutlistate object, with an advanced action and the Delay Next Actions command, to have each text line appear automatically. 

It is very important to know if you want to have the text accompanied by audio.

The presentation is online in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/timeline-advanced-workflows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

I thought that you probably have to do each line individually and control using the timeline. In SL, it's just one click in a box....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources