• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you export project captions in responsive templates?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TL; DR: Responsive sizing causes a project caption for each item which makes translating painfully time consuming.

I have a Captivate 2017 file from a vendor that I’m localizing into another language for my audience. The presentation itself is 60 slides, which turned into 394 pages of project captions because every single text box shows up 5 times- once at each size. I tried figuring out a way to export just one size to help my interpreter get each file once, but was unsuccessful.

Now that I have the content from her, I’m literally coping “with target formatting” into every line.

Has anyone figured out a faster way to do this? It’s enough to make me not want to use responsive sizes. Your help is appreciated! All of my projects are in multiple languages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

That is the problem with a responsive project created with Breakpoint Views: since it offers total control over each of the breakpoint views, you could have changed the text in each of those views and that is the reason for the problem you are now bumping on.

This would not happen with the hybrid solution where you use Fluid Boxes (only in CP2017) because the content of a text container is always the same. However there is no workflow to convert Breakpoint Views project to Fluid Boxes project, fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem with a responsive project created with Breakpoint Views: since it offers total control over each of the breakpoint views, you could have changed the text in each of those views and that is the reason for the problem you are now bumping on.

This would not happen with the hybrid solution where you use Fluid Boxes (only in CP2017) because the content of a text container is always the same. However there is no workflow to convert Breakpoint Views project to Fluid Boxes project, for the logical reason I explained in the first paragraph.

Since it is an exisiting course, you are not able to change that of course. A workaround would be to copy/paste the text from the primary view to a non-responsive project. That would solve the export, but you'll still have a lot of editing to do when re-importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll share this with the company that developed it in case other customers call with similar issues. Only 200 more pages to go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources