• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you get the Closed Captioning in Captivate 2017 to left justify?

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got CP 2017  I'm trying to get the cc to start on the bottom left.  I thought I'd done the settings correctly but when I preview the CC is centered at the bottom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Closed Captioning set up became much more complicated with Captivate 2017 and has continued to confuse people.

When making changes to the settings, unless you want the changes to only apply to the current slide, you need to make sure that the drop-down near the top of the dialog is set to PROJECT.  Checking the box to Override Slide Level Settings with Project Settings is also usually a good idea.

ClosedCaptioning_dropdown.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Captioning set up became much more complicated with Captivate 2017 and has continued to confuse people.

When making changes to the settings, unless you want the changes to only apply to the current slide, you need to make sure that the drop-down near the top of the dialog is set to PROJECT.  Checking the box to Override Slide Level Settings with Project Settings is also usually a good idea.

ClosedCaptioning_dropdown.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed Rob - that is why many of my government clients want their work developed in Captivate 9. They like the simplicity of closed captioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well the interface may be more complicated and confusing, but once you work it out I would have to say that I prefer the ability to control several aspects of Closed Captioning that Captivate 2017 and later give.  So, I think your government clients are missing out.  But then governments are not really about efficiency, are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources